Thursday, December 4, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do




























On the way to Medak District, north of Hyderabad (before we had gone only east to Nalgonda District), to visit a village about clean water, we saw hundreds of monkeys on and alongside the road. Barely rolling the window down, I threw out a banana for one to eat. Before I could click the second picture (above) he had eaten the banana and discarded the peeling. I did stop a second to actually watch him quickly pull the peeling down and gobble up the delectable part. I was surprised that others nearby didn't try to take it from him but they just sat and watched. Posting just these for now because I thought the kids would enjoy them. Because rolling the windown down isn't safe, the pix aren't as clear and bright as they could have been.





1 comment:

Powers Family said...

Gage said, "I love you so much and I miss you. I hope you are okay. And you are my best friends forever." Bella made all kinds of monkey noises, shouting, "Monkey, Mama!! Monkey!!" Who knew pics of monkeys could elicit such responses!